Look at everything as though you were seeing it for the first or the last time, then your time on earth will be filled with glory.
- Betty Smith -
Happy early Thanksgiving to you and yours! I hope you have a wonderful break with family, friends, food, and a thankful heart.
Life always has its fair share of ups and downs but when we are able to look at everything with gratitude and love, the world is never the same again! Whether you have a fabulous year of abundance or a year full of challenges, let us all take a moment to relax with a nice cup of coffee and enjoy these quotes that will surely inspire you this Thanksgiving!
1. A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues.
2. Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.
10. Whatever you appreciate and give thanks for will increase in your life.
- Sanaya Roman
11. Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.
For each new morning with its light, for rest and shelter of the night, for health and food, for love and friends, for everything Thy goodness sends.
12. And when you crush an apple with your teeth, say to it in your heart:
Your seeds shall live in my body,
And the buds of your tomorrow shall blossom in my heart,
And your fragrance shall be my breath,
And together we shall rejoice through all the seasons.
13. We only live once. We all have an expiration date after that we will never come again. I am not saying that to make you sad. I am saying that so you can cherish each moment in your life and be grateful that you are here and you are Special.
14. Being in the habit of saying “Thank you,” of making sure that people receive attention so they know you value them, of not presuming that people will always be there – this is a good habit, regardless … make sure to give virtual and actual high-fives to those who rock and rock hard.
- Sarah Wendell
15. I have learned over a period of time to be almost unconsciously grateful–as a child is – for a sunny day, blue water, flowers in a vase, a tree turning red. I have learned to be glad at dawn and when the sky is dark. Only children and a few spiritually evolved people are born to feel gratitude as naturally as they breathe, without even thinking. Most of us come to it step by painful step, to discover that gratitude is a form of acceptance.
- Faith Baldwin
16. Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.
- Margaret Cousins
17. Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it.
- Ralph Marston
18. Gratitude for the abundance you have received is the best insurance that the abundance will continue.
Buy David DeAngelo’s eBook and get 3 bonus books and a free audio interview with a dating guru. Click here
You cannot change the directions of the wind … but you can adjust your sail.
- Author Unknown
Things or situations are inflexible at times … but we can be flexible with our choices or decisions. A lot of times we thought that we are incapable of change but the truth could be that we are bidding for more time. In other words, we procrastinate – as long as we do not have to change, we want everything to remain as they are.
Change not only brings a lot of uncertainties, it can also brings new routines and adjustments in our daily habits and lifestyles. For instant, a change in our school timetable may mean having to get out of bed 1-2 hours earlier and new change at work may mean we have to pick up new skills. Or we may have to get used to the new loneliness of doing things alone as we have just broken up recently. Or worse still, we could be standing at the junction now, lost and don’t know where to go.
Some changes can be avoided by bidding for time and procrastination, which is definitely not advisable as sooner or later they may lead to serious consequences. For example, we know our health is deteriorating because we have been eating poorly and we are not putting aside time for exercising daily right now.
However, the effects of eating poorly and not exercising may not have shown up in our health at the moment and we choose to bear with it and we convince ourselves, “I’ll try to find time to exercise and to try to eat healthier starting … tomorrow.” Try, yes sure we’ll ‘try’ and 90% of the time when we say ‘try,’ we won’t do it. We have successfully avoided change … at least for now. We are given the choice to choose now while we are still in good health or to be forced into choice later.
Then there are other changes which are inevitable as in the case if we are retrenched, we have to take into consideration our livelihood immediately and the responsibilities we have to bear. These are painful changes as they are immediate and usually involve drastic adjustments and steep learning curves.
Keep in faith that as we make such changes, things will always get better. Had they not gotten better in our previous experiences and had we not become wiser also? Know in our hearts that even though we cannot change the directions of the wind, we can adjust our sail and by taking a positive attitude, we will eventually acquire the knowledge and grow to be better.
Great discounts on Hotels around the world at Hotels.com
Music, it hits directly in the head, goes right into the heart and opening the most tightly closed heart; it is the language of heart where words become superficial. Quoting Hans Christian Andersen, “Where words fail, music speaks.”
The video below is simply beautiful and beautifully simple, yet it didn’t fail to touch my heart and I believe it will touch yours too.
Great discounts on Hotels around the world at Hotels.com
- Symphony of Love
I acknowledge the good that I already have in life and I am grateful for the abundance that life has given me. The below TED’s video has just shown me how I gonna fall in love with my life with gratefulness for the abundance and I too, hope that it would make you fall in love with yours.
Two of the numerous take backs from Brother David Steindl-Rast’s spoken words in the video which I would like to share with you:
“You think this is just another day in your life? It’s not just another day, it’s the one day that is given to you, today … it’s given to you, it’s a gift, it’s the only gift that you have right now and the only appropriate response is gratefulness …”
“Open your heart … that everyone that you meet on this day will be blessed by you … just by your eyes, by your smile, by your touch … just by your presence … let the gratefulness overflow into blessings all around you … then it would really be a good day!”
Agoda Up to 75% savings on hotels at the top locations in Asia! Book today!
Join the Mailing list for more Inspiring Love Quotes and Sayings. The name and email address collected are not sold, given, or in any way disclosed to a third party. We will never give out your email address.