Read this ’45 Lessons Life Taught Me’ written by Regina Brett yesterday in Facebook, which I believe that most of us would have gone through these lessons at some points in our lives. It was said to be written by the 90 years old Regina Brett in Facebook … somehow my intuition was working up pretty strong and I decided to verify the information. The 45 lessons are true and so is the name but she is definitely far from being 90 years old.
Regina Brett written a column of the 45 Lessons Life Taught Me, which had since grown to 50, the day before she turned 45. Sharing these original 45 Lessons Life Taught Me and the additional 5 lessons. We can all make use of these 50 lessons too. Wishing goodness in all areas of your life!
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good. (Indeed, quoting from the Desiderata poem, ” … With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.)
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. (At the end of the day, when our time comes, what will we remember? What truly matters? One thing I know is that we certainly do not live forever and we do not even know how much time we have left. To spend time hating anyone take away the power in us to love everyone; for the goodness of others and for the goodness in ourselves.)
4. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. (Winning an argument just make someone else loses one. Isn’t the relationship with the person more important than winning the argument?)
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present. (Always remember that the past does not determine our future; our future depends on what we are doing in the present moment.)
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special. (Randy Pausch said, “Time is all you have and you may find one day that you have less than you think.” There is no better time than today, now is always the good time to do whatever we want to do.)
22. Overprepare, then go with the flow. (Abraham Lincoln said, “I will prepare and some day my chance will come.“)
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything. (And that includes forgiving the person who we are most harsh on – ourselves.)
29. What other people think of you is none of your business. (“Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. In the first place, if they had better things going on in their lives, they wouldn’t have the time to sit around and talk about you. What’s important to me is not others’ opinions of me, but what’s important to me is my opinion of myself.” – C. JoyBell C. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross also said, “The opinion which other people have of you is their problem, not yours.“)
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative – dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
The addition of 5 Lessons; updated from Regina Brett.
46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
48. If you don’t ask, you don’t get. (Remember one video I watched about Steve Jobs on failure and he said that most people don’t get the experience that they want because they never ask. The question is what do we have to lose by asking? Nothing.)
50. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Photo credit: JayMantri
- Lose All the Cryptos in Your MetaMask Wallet to Crypto Scams - September 11, 2023
- 8 Fruits that may Help Us to Lose Weight - July 14, 2023
- Exploring the Realm Beyond: Thought-Provoking Inquiries for a Psychic Medium - June 19, 2023