You don’t need to look like Brad Pitt or drive a Mercedes to sweep a girl off her feet. Those things, by themselves, will never work on a woman really worth courting. Here’s how to let that special girl you’ve never talked to know that she’s appreciated, without being creepy.
1. Find something about her that is truly special. Does she have anything about her that is unique? A subtle little quirk or feature that you find endearing, but that no one else seems to notice?
2. Let her know that you think she’s special without expecting anything (a phone number, a date) in return. If there is something specific that you notice about her aside the common that probably everyone notices, i.e., “Wow, nice tan” or “Oh, you have pretty eyes.” If this girl is really interesting to you, there should be something far from the common that you notice. Here are some examples:
“Hi, I don’t mean to make you feel weird or anything, but you’ve just got the prettiest freckles I’ve ever seen.”
“Excuse me, but I can’t walk out of here without telling you that you have an amazing laugh.”
She’ll probably smile, say thank you, look away, and maybe even blush. Remember that even if ultimately, it doesn’t work out, you’ve at least made her day by giving her a true compliment. However, if she’s good looking, she probably gets several compliments a day, so offer her one that is as unique as you believe she may be, like mentioning something about her personality. Don’t come across as needy. Unless you really have your life together, you’ll just be one of those other guys.
3. Offer her your company, and walk away. That is, right before you leave, give her your phone number or screen name, or offer a time and a place to meet, and let her know that if she chooses not to take you up on your offer, you’ll never bother her again. Don’t give her a chance to accept or reject you. Make your offer and run. Give her a chance to think about it by herself, and wonder “Hmmm…I wonder what he’s like.” If you do this confidently, she’ll feel compelled by her curiosity to get to know you better, and she won’t feel like she’s being pressured or chased. Also, the fact that she might never see you again will encourage her to follow up on any glimmer of hope she has about you being the guy of her dreams.
4. Don’t look back. If she doesn’t call or show up, leave her alone. She’s not interested. Don’t take it personally. But if she DOES call you or meet with you, you’ve probably swept her off her feet! The rest depends on chemistry and compatibility. Good luck!
Here’s an example of what you can say: “Hey, look, I’ve gotta go, but you seem like a really amazing person, and I’d like to get to know you better. Here’s my number; call me and I’d love to take you out for a cup of coffee and talk. But if you’re not interested, that’s cool, too. I just didn’t want to let this opportunity pass.” But don’t say that you have to go if you really don’t. It just makes you sound stupid.
For inspiration, watch the movie ‘Office Space’ and study the scene where the main character goes up to the waitress (Jennifer Aniston) and lets her know that he’ll be at the restaurant next door.
The key is to make a woman feel special and appreciated, but there’s a fine line between admiration and harassment. If you cross that subtle line and make her feel uncomfortable, you’ve ruined your chances of sweeping her off her feet.
If your intentions aren’t genuine, and your words aren’t honest, then even if you get the girl at first, it’s bound to end in disappointment.
Steps 1 and 2 will probably sweep any woman off her feet, even if you’ve been married for 25 years.
Try to walk the line between a feel-good compliment and a cheesy pick up line. Be sincere about it, but don’t go over the top.
Remember that all girls are different, and there’s no one way to make any girl fall for you.
Give an unexpected, thoughtful gift at an unexpected time. Understand her body language, women give out a lot of non-verbal clues. If you can read ’em, job done.
One thing girls can’t stand is when guys are fake. If a guy says, “I think you have really beautiful hair,” and the girl is having a terrible hair day, the guy sounds fake and just plain stupid. You need to make the girl feel special but not sound fake!
Don’t stare (no matter how beautiful you think she is). It’s creepy and rude. Stick to occasional glances, and give a small smile and perhaps a wave if you happen to catch her eye.
Be honest. Girls can’t stand it when someone (anyone, not just guys) lies to them. Don’t be boastful about your achievements, too. Casually slip it in if you need to.
Latest posts by bk (see all)
- You are not everyone’s cup of tea - April 19, 2018
- Taiwan’s Unstoppable Granny Running Full Speed at 81 - April 1, 2018
- An Object at Rest by Seth Boyden - January 11, 2018