“Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
The “Rebuild Haiti” Better World Book Drive
Announcing the Rebuild Haiti Better World Book Drive! Better World Book is running a nation-wide book drive to raise funds for education in Haiti and they need your help to support a long-term effort to rebuild Haiti’s education system. By sending books, you can help fund their Haiti non-profit literacy partner, Plan USA. So dust off those great books you’re never going to read again, and do some good with them…
Ways You Can Help:
1. Send Books. Books can be sent to:
Better World Books
Attn: Help Haiti
55740 Currant Rd.
Mishawaka, IN 46545
Please send only books in good condition. Note: Book donations are not tax deductible.
2. Run a campus book drive for Haiti – click here to sign-up.
3. Make a cash donation to one of our partners:
How it works:
1. You send books to Better World Books at the address above.
2. The books donated will be sold on their global network of marketplaces including BetterWorldBooks.com.
3. 50% of the net sales are donated to Plan USA, earmarked for the Haiti education rebuilding effort.
About Plan USA:
Plan USA is Better World Book new non-profit literacy partner. Funds raised through the Rebuild Haiti Better World Book Drive will be applied exclusively to education in Haiti.
Plan USA has been working in Haiti since 1973. They were recently selected by the Haitian government to implement the country’s education restoration effort alongside the Ministry of Education, UN agencies, local and international NGO partners.
Better World has made an initial donation of $10,000 to the Plan USA effort to rebuild Haiti. You can learn more about Plan USA at: http://www.planusa.org/
Like what Barbara de Angelis said, “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference.” Let us do what we can to help the Haitian to restore their education system.
- False Bill Gates COVID-19 message and what we can still take back - March 28, 2020
- Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today - March 5, 2020
- You are not everyone’s cup of tea - April 19, 2018